Dr. Andrea Russo earned her Doctorate of Optometry degree by completing an accelerated program with her undergraduate college and the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University in Philadelphia, PA. During clinical rotations, she gained routine eye care experience in both private practice and hospital settings.
Upon graduating, Dr. Russo chose to further her clinical skills by completing a residency in ocular disease and primary care at the San Diego VA Healthcare system. At the Veterans Hospital, she became skilled at diagnosing and managing complex cases involving both the anterior and posterior segment of the eye and performed specialized vision care such as traumatic brain injury and low vision examinations.
In addition to providing quality refractions, Dr. Russo is proficient in myopia management, specialty contact lens fittings, and dry eye disease management. When practicing, Dr. Russo strives for the best patient education and most enjoys providing family eye care.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Doctorate: Doctor of Optometry, The Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
- Graduate School: Master of Science in Physiological Optics, The Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University
- Residency: The San Diego VA Healthcare System
- International Training: Optometric Mission Trip to Honduras
MEETING THE HIGH STANDARDS OF HER PEERS
- American Optometric Association
- California Optometric Association
- Pennsylvania Optometric Association
- San Diego Optometric Society
- Licensed Optometrist: State of California, State of Pennsylvania