Our community and country have been through very trying times these past several months, and all of us look forward to resuming our normal routines as soon as possible. In that light, we are excited to announce the reopening of Vision Boutique on May 18th!
We have always followed the infection control recommendations of the American Optometric Association (AOA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). With the COVID-19 pandemic on everyone’s mind, we have implemented new policies and procedures to keep you even more safe during your next visit to our office.
• For the next several months, we are decreasing the number of available appointments to minimize the number of individuals in the office at any given time. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible, so we may offer it to another patient.
• For the short-term, all visits will be by appointment. We will also offer convenient times for comprehensive vision exams, eyeglass selection, dispensing, and adjustments.
Your Appointment Day:
• Please arrive on time.
• If possible, please come alone to your appointment. For minors and patients who require someone with them, please limit to one additional person. When multiple family members are being seen, we ask that those family members wait in the car until we are ready to begin their examinations.
• We will have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you enter the office.
• Our reception area will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• We will check your temperature and your blood oxygen levels when you arrive. If your temperature is 100 degrees or higher, or your oxygen level is decreased, we will ask you to reschedule.
• We ask all patients to wear masks while they are in the office. If for medical reasons you are unable to wear a mask, please let us know beforehand so we can make sure other precautions are in place.
• All examination rooms and equipment are sanitized between every patient.
• We have installed breath shields on our front-desk countertop. In addition, we have breath shields on equipment that requires close contact.
• You can safely wear contact lenses during the pandemic.
• For the next month, we will postpone new contact lens fits.
• All displayed eyeglass frames are clean, disinfected, and ready to be tried on. Please place frames in the labeled trays after you try them on. These will be disinfected before being returned to the display
• If you want to get the opinion of multiple friends or family members as you are selecting glasses, we ask that you use Facetime.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient, safe.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. Dale Koers and Staff